Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Embroidery Factory and Orphanage



We had another great night’s sleep. Hudson mastered about 11 hours last night. Breakfast was great as usual. I’m almost certain that I have gained weight in one week. It’s all so delicious.



We visited the Hunan Embroidery Factory today. This is a very famous place and amazing art. My favorite is the double sided embroidery. They will make two different pictures on opposite sides at the same time. We enjoyed watching them at work. Very fascinating. We bought Hudson a small double sided panda…it’s beautiful.



In the afternoon, one parent from each family rode over an hour on the bus to visit the orphanage. I woke up this morning thinking that I wouldn’t be emotional. We had visited an orphanage in Alaina’s birth town so I thought I could handle it. Alaina was in a great foster home. This time it was a little different because these are the ladies that cared for him his whole life. As soon as the bus parked in front of the orphanage, I lost my breath. We all were so impressed with the courtyard surrounding the orphanage. The director and his assistant directors were so kind and served hot tea and fruit. He shared with us how thankful he is for us and gave some details about the orphanage. The nannies were so beautiful. At the time, only 10 babies were there. I can’t explain my overwhelming emotions when I walked in the room and saw these little ones in their cribs. There were 4 babies younger than 2 months old and one that was only 10 days old. The others were around Hudson’s age. Just 2 days ago, he was there in that room. Daphne shared with me that Hudson had a little playmate. I bent over to caress her and she started crying because she was scared of us. I just wanted to grab her and run out the door. Many years ago, God gave us such a burden for the orphans without out a mommy and daddy. Now, after today, my burden is so heavy. If each Christian family would take a leap of faith and open their heart to just one of these, it would make such a big difference. God has blessed so abundantly through our children as we obey him.



Alexis went with me and I’m sure her life is changed forever. We were able to see just a glimpse of what Hudson’s little life was like his first year. I’m very thankful that Hudson had such a caring director and nannies loving him. They do the best they can with so many little ones and without resources. One of the nannies signed my journal with best wishes for Hudson…very special. I’m sure I’m still processing all the emotions.



At home, Hudson and Dad bonded while we were away. I think Hudson napped most of the time and things went well. Hudson seems to like dad a little more today. Tomorrow is our last full day in Changsha. It’s very sad to leave his province but also very exciting to be only one week away from home and our kids. Thank God for Skype. We have been able to talk with the kids and they can see us with the camera. They love Hudson. Can’t wait to see them all together.



Click here to see pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment